10 Things you don’t know about the owner of Squiffy Print…ME!
“But what is the point of this post??” i hear you cry……it’s little ice breaker, I say! I’m going to do a few blog posts on the run up to Xmas now and thought this was a good little starting point. Also today marks the start of Joanne Hawker's #meetthemaker week on Instagram where she very kindly helps mere mortals like myself have some ideas of what to post. So over on insta, todays post will be on 'Product or Range' and to go with this Instagram post, I thought I'd give you 10 things you didn't know about me.
So here goes….
- My great grandma on my mother's side is Jewish (thought I’d open up the blog post with a very random one, just to set the scene) and she fled her country to escape execution.
- I will never grown out of horses! I am a qualified horse riding instructor and level 2 coach. My main hobby has had to go on the back burner after I had a c-section, and I find I have less time to do it now with a baby & business to juggle, but I still try and find time to ride once a week. I've started doing yoga a few times a week to help build my core strength back up for riding. I feel it is very important to have hobbies and have time for yourself after having a baby.
- I am very good at cooking (I’m very modest too) with whatever random ingredients I have in. I am also a geek and love batch cooking and meal planning. I wish Ihad more time to do it (I really should make time tbh). I am the Queen of the Roast Potato: par-boil them for 12 minutes, drain and shake to fluff up a bit, heat up some duck or goose fat in a roasting tin with salt/pepper/rosemary/thyme/garlic, but the potatoes in the hot fat (toss them about so they are covered) and roast for about 45 mins. Shaking a few times to check on those little critters.
- I love cooking and Mum-ing that much I would love to be a blogger, but until recently, I hated sharing my personal life on social media. I realise now that to grow my business I need to let people in a bit more and show them what I do and to prove there someone behind the Squiffy brand who is a *normal person. I've had to ma-up and start doing videos on Insta, to which I have had a fab response because apparently I am quite funny .... (draw your own conclusions)
- If i won the lottery I wouldn’t tell anyone. I’d just start driving around in a Bugatti Veyron.
- I am quite a stubborn person. Even more so since i’ve been working for myself. But it means I am no push over either. I know what I like and what I don't, this applies to life/business/baby.
- I thought I’d be different and never get a tattoo. My fella has enough for both of us.
- I twiddle my hair. All. The. Time. I think it makes it grow quicker too.
- Since having a child I can burst into tears quite easily.
- I named my business after a cocker spaniel I had. He lived out the last of his years at my Mum’s (kinda like a retirement plan only it cost me nothing) and spent his time divided between sitting in-front of the Aga and log burner. (My mum basically nicked him).
Thanks for taking time to read my ramblings! Haha!!
Jess :) x
*people's definition of normal varies. :)